Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Must love snow

When I brought home my Goldendoodle, Myka, last July, I had no idea how much she would love the snow. Later on, I had a sneaking suspicion that she would. However, it wasn't on my mind when I first met her. I simply fell in love with that big, fluffy puppy at first sight.

All these months later, she's shown me her preference for cold weather and outdoor activities. Her first romp through the white drifts was a joy to see. In addition, she adores taking me for walks in the ice and snow.

I like saying that she walks me because of her size! Not the other way around. She's a big girl, which is wonderful, because she has the stamina to go a long way and I need the exercise.

It's just a wee bit chilly here in Wyoming in the middle of winter. When she begs me with her big brown eyes to go outside and explore, there's no way I can resist. I bundle up in my coat, mittens and scarf, so we can trek through the neighborhood. 

Her tail is wagging back and forth like crazy, and I believe she smiles all the way. Blizzards may prevent the daily walks, but not much else does. 

Here's to Myka, my furry snow queen!

Do you have dogs that take you for walks? Or do you prefer to do your exploring solo?

No comments:

Post a Comment