Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Survival of the fittest

Look what survived the harsh Wyoming winter! This is a Bleeding Heart bush tuber that I planted last spring.

Its sister plant didn't make it, but this one survived. I love gardening, but alas, Wyoming is rough on anything green that tries to grow.

Unless its a weed. Weeds flourish around here, but they're not very pretty in the yard.

While living in Colorado and Utah I had lush gardens full of tomatoes, peas, corn, beans--you name it! 

Many people here in Wyoming use greenhouses to grow gardens, but that's beyond my reach, unfortunately.

That's why when I manage to coax something green out of the ground, I'm a happy clam.

Here's a drawing of what Bleeding Heart looks like when they get larger and begin to bloom. I can't wait for mine to flourish! These flowers are supposedly deer and rabbit resistant, so wish me luck!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment