Monday, January 25, 2021

Nestor Eguez and his children's stories about a determined little Kenyan Zebra named Kalima

 

    Today, author Nestor Eguez talks about his children's books, "Kalima: The Secret of the 

Jungle," and "Kalima: The Gift." 


    Eguez said he's always been interested in writing. One day, while helping his children with a school 

project, the idea for his stories was born. Over the years, Eguez transformed his original idea into a 

beautiful and inspirational book collection for young readers. He hopes to continue his writing journey 

with many touching stories.

https://amzn.to/3oiDYb1

   

https://amzn.to/3ogYZ5R

    Kalima is a young zebra born in a Kenyan jungle. She is the last descendant of a special breed called The Guides, who are well known for being protectors of the herd. When her mother is killed by a lion, her wise grandmother cares for her. Throughout the stories, Kalima confronts her heritage and her dreams, eventually finding her destiny. 

    "I’m a technical education teacher, originally from Uruguay, South America," Eguez said. "Twenty-five years ago I came with my family to California in search of a better life. One which we found, thanks to the many opportunities that came to us as well as the many people who helped us along the way.   

    I wrote a few short tales in my country, but nothing with a great content or that can inspire people. One day, more than ten years ago, while helping my kids with a puppet play for their school, Kalima’s story was born.    

    I wrote 12 pages of a small fantasy story that was meant for a playground, in front of a few students and teachers. I never imagined that instead of that, one day the tale would be so close to touch millions around the world.   

    I self-published the Vol. I & II with Amazon in 20152018 because it was my only option, back in the day, without taking a second mortgage. I couldn’t afford marketing at that time. Anyway the story by itself was reaching a bigger and bigger audience here in the USA. and internationally.

    Honestly, my goal was to find a traditional publisher that might be interested on the trilogy. In October 2019 Goodreads selected Vol. II of the book collection for their Y.A. must read list. This changed the game completely.   

    After that, Terry Tamminen, the DiCaprio Foundation’s CEO, approached me, interested on the story’s strong message on the environment and animal rights. On December, The Barojoun Studio from Dubai sent me a proposal for a co-production based on Vol. I.

    Unfortunately, the pandemic came and everything was put on hold. My friend Katherine Applegate that had her beautiful book, “The One and Only Ivan” choosen by Disney for an inspirational movie, encouraged me to continue pursuing the dream.

    Right now, I’m finishing the third and final Vol. We hope that will be out around March 2021. I’m very excited about what is coming next for this amazing tale."


No comments:

Post a Comment