Thursday, March 5, 2020

The Purge

The purge!

I'm not talking about that movie or the TV show. I'm talking about cleaning up your space. I'm no Marie Kondo or Martha Stewart, but I've been trying to clear years of unused stuff from my cupboards, my closets and my life.

I don't care whether it sparks joy, like Kondo believes. I care whether I use it, whether I wear it, and whether it looks good in my home.

My sister Shauna and I also abide by the rule of Swedish Death Cleaning. With that concept, you pare down what you own so when we're no longer here, children, spouses or caregivers don't have to sort through all the junk. 

I feel lighter and tighter. Now if I could just get my body to feel the same!

Do you ever go through a purge phase? Does it make you feel better?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy! I've been working on the purge off and on for the last year. I succeeded in some areas, but my office and clothes closet are challenges not yet tackled. I'll keep working at it. Every little bit definitely makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete